Steps to getting a LM endorsement added to your MT teaching license

Once you have finished the courses necessary for a Library Media endorsement,

1. Order official transcripts from both the University of Montana-Missoula and the University of Montana Western. If any course work was transferred into the program from another university besides UMM and UMW, official transcripts will be needed. Send all transcripts to the lead school Licensure Specialist.

University of Montana Missoula Students 
Kristi Murphy 
College of Education 
The University of Montana 
32 Campus Drive 
Missoula, MT 59812 
Fax: (406)243-4908


University of Montana Western Students
Connie Beck
University of Montana-Western
710 S Atlantic St
Dillon, MT 59725
Office: (406) 683-7636
Fax: (406)-683-7662

2. Follow this link to complete the form titled, "University Recommendation for Teaching Endorsements." Either fax or mail this form to Kristi or Adam.

3. Once Kristi or Adam receives your transcripts and the Recommendation form, they will complete the form and send everything off to OPI. OPI will add the LM endorsement to the applicant's teaching license within a week or two.

How to order an official transcript from the University of Montana-Missoula
Follow the instructions posted to

How to order an official transcript from the University of Montana Western
Follow the instructions posted to